Spectrum is a Delhi based NGO, working towards improving lives of people and
has been continuously working towards spreading legal awareness in society to
the downtrodden who do not have access to justice and are not aware of their
basic legal rights, as part of their goal to spread legal awareness Spectrum is
organizing a National Youth conference on Alternative Dispute Resolution
Mechanisms and seminar papers for the same are invited from the academicians,
practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to the
It is also proposed that the selected papers by the Committee will be published in
a special volume on the Seminar in the form of an edited book with ISSN No.
Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers as per requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the seminar.
THEME OF SEMINAR
Alternative Dispute Resolution is being increasingly acknowledged in the field of
law and commercial sector. The very reasons for origin of Alternative Dispute
Resolution are tiresome processes of litigation, higher costs and inadequacy of
the court system. In the final quarter of the last century, there was phenomenal
growth of science and technology.
In this context, dispute resolution through ADR techniques are seen as more effective and viable. Considering its significance, Spectrum is organizing a Youth.
Conference on Alternative Dispute Resolution with the following proposed
- To enhance the knowledge, understanding and scope of ADR;
- To explore and expound the understanding of the emerging trends of ADR;
- To create awareness of importance of ADR as part of justice delivery system;
- To strengthen the implementation of ADR effectively;
- To equip the students and professionals with practical aspect of ADR techniques to promote independent career in the field; &To look for futuristic assessment of best practice in the area of ADR.In this background there is an incessant call to hold seminars, conferences,workshops, symposia and discussions to elicit valuable inputs from the ground so as to effectively shed light on the usage of the best practices of dispute resolution techniques in India.
SUB-THEMES FOR PAPERS
- Development of ADR in India
- Analysis of Arbitration Council of India under the proposed Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill, 2018
- Potential of International Arbitration to handle disputes arising cross border
- Online Dispute Resolution as an upcoming solution
- Critical analysis of Permanent Lok Adalats in India
- ADR Mechanism over lengthy Court procedures Mediation and Conciliation as methods of resolving disputes in India
Venue: Indian Society of International Law,Opposite to Supreme Court of India, New Delhi.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Date of Event: 13th January, 2019
- Last date of abstract submission: 22nd December’2018
- Last date of registration for authors and attendees: 25th Decemeber’2018
- Last date of full paper submission: 6th January’2019
- Paper submission and opportunity to attend the conference is open for College and University Students Postgraduates & Research Scholars of all Courses/Streams
- A candidate is eligible to submit only one entry.
- More than one entry from the same college is permitted.
- Candidates shall send a declaration paper that paper is free from plagiarism along with the cover letter mentioning details of the author.
- Any entry not adhering to registration rules shall not be entertained.
- Co-authorship is allowed for maximum two authors.
- Registration fee mentioned below is required to be paid by the candidates through paytym (paytym no. Laxmi Kayat 8587971695) along with their name and institution.
SINGLE AUTHOR: 600 INR
CO- AUTHORSHIP: 1100 INR
AUTHOR IN ABSTENTIA: 700 INR
ATTENDEE FOR THE CONFERENCE: 500 INR
- Publication charges will apply to papers selected for publication in the journal with ISSN no.
The completed research paper along with Abstract, Covering Letter and
Declaration Form shall be submitted by the candidate in the form of a soft
copy (MS Word Format) to email@example.com with the subject of the email as: “Submission of paper” on or before 6th January’18
- The completed essay along with abstract, covering letter and signed declaration form shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject of the email while submitting abstract should be “Abstract Submission” and for final essay “Submission of paper”.
- A cover letter shall be made as a separate document in MS Word format and separately attached as a file in the e-mail along with the completed essay which shall consist of details mentioned below:
- Full name and address of the Candidate
- Name and full address of the college/ university
- Theme selected for the essay
- E- mail of the candidate/ contact details
- All completed essay shall be submitted in MS Word format and PDF format.
- The word limit of the abstract is 250 words, and the completed essay must be in the range of 2500-3000 words inclusive of footnotes (explanatory footnotes are not permitted)
- Font type should be Times New Roman and the font size should be 12pts throughout the text of the essay and 10pts for the footnotes. Line spacing to be maintained at 1.5 throughout the normal text and 1.0 for the footnotes.
- Footnotes must follow the Bluebook: A uniform system of citation (Harvard, 20th edition)
- The essay should not contain any names or other marks. Code will provided, only that is supposed to be mentioned on the document. Anonymity shall be strictly adhered to, in case of any violation, there shall be a direct disqualification of the candidate from the competition.
- No late submissions will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Confirmation regarding acceptance of abstract will be notified within one week or 10 days from the date of submission of abstract.
SCORING OF THE ESSAY
While assessing the document following will be constitute the marking scheme:
- Originality and clarity of the content.
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and structure of the essay Suggestions and Recommendation
- All the essays submitted shall be the exclusive property of organizers.
- Organizers shall be free to use the information/views therein in any matter requires
- Organizers decision in deciding the winners shall be final and binding and NO query, correspondence in this regard shall be entertained by organizers.
- Essay incompatible with the above rules and conditions will not be considered.
- Submission of the entries to the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and conditions by the participant(s).
- Top 3 essays- Essays standing in top 3 of all entries will be awarded with Certificate of Merit, trophies and cash prizes along with that a chance to present their paper in the conference. Certificate of participation- Certificate of Participation will be provided to all participants submitting their papers for the conference and all attendees who are attending the full conference.
Contact Details: email@example.com or 9718538745
About the Competition:
The event is aimed at promoting the importance of latest landmark judgments. This competition will enable the participants to know that how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. Law Corner is providing an opportunity for legal minds to express their opinions on these latest landmark judgments in the form of case comment writing.
- The entire event will be conducted online.
- Students pursuing LL.B., i.e., 3 year or 5 year course from any recognized College or University or pursuing LL.M from any recognized University or preparing for judiciary or pursuing any Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in any field.
- It is also open for Advocates, Professors, and Judges etc. Even a person who is not related to the field of law can participate in it.
- In Co-authorship, not more than 2 participants are allowed.
- Last date of registration: 20th January, 2019.
- Last date of submission: 15th February, 2019.
- Declaration of result: On or before 22th February, 2019.
List of Cases for Case Comment (Choose 1):
- Indian Young Lawyers Association & Ors. v The State of Kerala & Ors. [W.P. (Civil) 373 of 2006] –(Women entry on Sabarimala Temple).
- Joseph Shine v Union of India, [WP (Criminal) No. 194 of 2017]- (Striking Down of Adultery Law passed on 27th September 2018).
- Justice KS Puttaswamy (Retd.) & Anr. v Union of India & Ors. [W.P. no. 494 of 2012]- ( Validity ofAadhaar Judgment passed on 26th September 2018).
- Navtej Singh Johar & Ors. v Union of India Thr. Secretary Ministry of Law & Justice,[ WP (Criminal) No. 76 of 2016]- (Sec. 377Decriminalisation Case passed on 6thSeptember 2018).
- Atiya Sabri v Union of India & Ors [WP (Criminal) No. 43 of 2017] (SC Declares Triple TalaqUnconstitutional Judgment passed on 22th August 2017).
Format of Case Comment:
- Background of the Case
- Case Comment / Analysis
- Word limit – Minimum 2500 words & Maximum 5000 words (including footnotes)
- Format – MS Word; font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 12 for text, 14 for Headings, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers – bottom center
- The case comment must be written in English.
- Line Spacing – 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes
- Alignment – Justified and layout must be A4 size
- Margin – One inch each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition).
- The submission must be original.
- Plagiarism of any sort will lead to immediate disqualification.
- All submissions must be sent as .Doc or .Docx files to firstname.lastname@example.org .The title of the Soft Copy of Case Comment must be in the following format: “Justice Hidayatullah Memorial Case Comment Writing Competition, 2019”.
First Prize- Certificate of Merit + Medal+ Cash Prize Rs. 3000/- + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
Second Prize– Certificate of Merit + Medal+ Cash Prize Rs. 2000/- + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
Third Prize– Certificate of Merit + Medal+ Cash Prize Rs. 1500/- + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
Top 10- Top ten selected participants will get a Certificate of Appreciation + Internship opportunity at Law Corner and Lex Research Hub + 10 percent discount on next event of Lex Research Hub & Law Corner.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ISSUED E-CERTIFICATES.
- All the Selected entries will be published on our website with the name of the Author.
- A soft copy of the certificate of participation will be emailed to all the participants after the successful declaration of the result.
- Single Author- Rs.400
- Co-Author- Rs.700
- Single Author- Rs.500
- Co-Author- Rs.800
FOR THE PAYMENT OF REGISTRATIONFEES:
Call – +91 8436488805
E-mail – email@example.com
School of Law, Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune invites you to the 2nd edition of National Moot Court Competition.
Provisional registrations can be done by sending the scanned copy of duly filled Registration Form along with DD to mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 10th Jan 2019.
Registration process will be considered complete when the Hard Copy of the Registration Form along with DD will reach the University Campus, on or before 10th Jan 2019.
Each participating team should consist of 3 students (2 mooters, 1 researcher).
Registration Fees: Rs. 1500 per participating team.
Bonafide regular students who are pursuing an integrated 5year LL.B. programme in India; Pursuing a 3 year LL.B. programme in India; are eligible to participate in the Competition.
Last Date for Registration: 10th January 2019
Date of Competition: 8th February 2019
Last Date for Submission of Memorials: Soft Copy as well as Hard Copy: 20th January 2019
Dr Samraggi Chakraborty, 7619182637
Dr Vikrant Sopan Yadav, 7276591188
For further details, check out the brochure given here.
Legal Aawaz Official Site
About the Society
SCLHR is a forum dedicated to promote research and increase student’s ability to interpret the law to the changing situations, spread awareness of issues dealing with Comparative Constitutional law & Human Rights. The mission of the society is to promote research dealing with Constitutional law & Human Rights topics; to make the constitution and human rights, a subject matter to read, explore, discuss, debate and deliberate upon by the students beyond the classroom.
About the Event
On the auspicious occasion of Constitution Day, we are pleased to announce the 1st National Constitutional Law Olympiad being organized by Society for Constitutional Law & Human Rights. The society aims to conduct several competitions over a span of 1 year under this Olympiad. In its first, the Society announces the 1st National UPES SoL – SCLHR Constitutional Law Essay Competition.
The recent months have been a tumultuous time for the Supreme Court of India. Extraordinary events have taken place in the history of Indian Judicial System since January 2018 which has attracted a mixed emotion of censure and approval not only from the legal fraternity but from the citizenry too. Keeping these extraordinary events in mind, your views are invited in form of essays.
- Religion & Personal Laws: – It’s conflict with Fundamental Rights.
- Indian Judiciary and Electoral Reforms.
- Data Protection, Cyber Security & Fundamental Rights.
- Appointment of Judges: Issue of Master of Roster & Need for Judicial Reforms.
Formatting and Citation Style
- The submission must be an original unpublished work. Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Submissions must be made in Microsoft Office (doc./docx.) formats only.
- The Submission should be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
- The body of the manuscript must be in the font ‘Times New Roman’, font size 12, line spacing 1.5 and the text should justify.
- All footnotes must be in Font ‘Times New Roman’, font size 10, line spacing 1.
- Participant has to adopt a uniform style of citation throughout the document.
- The Competition is open for academicians, practitioners, students and research scholars.
- Word limit of the submission is 3500-5000 words (including footnotes). All submissions must be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 250 words.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to 1 person.
- All submissions must be sent in an MS Word document to email@example.com
- The subject of the e-mail should be “Submission: National Constitutional Law Essay Competition, 2018”.
- Participant shall name the file (Essay) as “Participant’s name & Topic”.
- The submission shall consist of Abstract; Essay; Bibliography; Name of the Author/s; Name and address of the Institution/College/University; Designation; Year of Study; Contact Number; Email ID.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organising Committee shall be final and binding.
- Single Author: Rs. 300.
- Co-Author: Rs. 500.
BENEFICIARY NAME: NATIONAL LITIGATION WORKSHOP
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 95957777769696
IFSC CODE: YESB0000115
BANK: YES BANK
BRANCH: RAJPUR ROAD, DEHRADUN
- First Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 2,500/-
Note: Certificate of Merit to 10 Participants
Certificate of Participation to All.
- Last Date of Registration: November 25, 2018.
- Last Date of Submission: December 10, 2018.
- Declaration of the Results: January 26, 2019.
Register by the following link.
Gautam Kumar: 8755014760
Pramod Panwar: 7060136199
For official notification, visit here.
Legal Aawaz Official Site